MA, MSC, MBA Course Details
The Master of Arts (MA) is usually awarded to those on social sciences, arts and humanities (including philosophy and history), business, consulting and business management amongst a host of other subject areas. These are post-graduate degrees conferred by universities around the world. A master’s degree is an academic qualification awarded to individuals who successfully demonstrate a higher level of expertise in a particular field of study.
A Master of Arts can offer a number of diverse benefits ranging from enhanced career prospects to improved problem-solving and decision-making. The successful acquisition of a Masters demonstrates higher-level capacities.
Obtaining a Masters involves one year of full-time study or two to four years of part time study, acquiring thereby an internationally recognised and respected academic qualification. Courses normally begin in September or October, though some start in January or February.
To obtain a masters degree you need to have done enough work to add up to 180 credits in total, any less than this and you are not eligible for the award. Some are merely given a pass or fail, but commonly taught master’s degree grades are fail, pass, merit (or credit) and distinction. The boundaries for this are usually 50% for a pass, 60% for a merit and 70% for a distinction.
Key features of the course:
- To gain additional skills, knowledge and accreditation in their subject area.
- Gains the individual an advanced understanding of a particular subject.
- Master of Arts (MA) qualification enhances student employability and increases career opportunities. Employers value the range of skills acquired from a higher level of intensive learning.
- Students develop skills and gain experience that goes beyond a Masters degree and is fundamental to future career.
- Students benefit from excellence in teaching methods and the very best learning environments and materials.
- Students are expected to think and study independently, conduct more extensive background reading and bring ideas to seminars and tutorials for discussion and debate.
- Students will acquire research skills and are expected to show an extensive grasp of subject matter.
- A UK bachelor degree or equivalent
- Information about other Academic qualifications
- Information about employment history
- A personal statement and CV.
- All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS (UKVI) of 6.0 overall, with no element below 5.5.
Master of Science (MSc)
A Master of Science degree (MSc) is a degree awarded at universities around the world after completion of graduate-level study in a related field. Master of Science candidates normally do independent research and present a thesis as a requirement for graduation.
The knowledge gained during this programme, in the subject area of choice, will prepare students for tackling real world challenges, providing solutions to complex problems, and, if possible, creating products that will benefit society.
A Master of Science degree provides a postgraduate degree, a scientific, technical or professional entry level competence. Many working professionals enrol on online Master of Science programmes to help secure professional advancement.
To obtain a (MSc) masters degree you need to have done enough work to add up to 180 credits in total, any less than this, and you are not eligible to be awarded one. Some are merely given a pass or fail, but commonly taught master’s degree grades are fail, pass, merit (or credit) and distinction. The boundaries for this are usually 50% for a pass, 60% for a merit and 70% for a distinction.
Key features of the course:
- Aims to provide students with knowledge and understanding through flexible and inclusive approaches to learning, and aid students to achieve all described learning outcomes.
- The programme content provides a blend of theory, research and practice-led content that will enable you to develop deeper conceptual and theoretically.
- Master of Science (MSc) enables students to become competent and reflective practitioners in their chosen field.
- An MSc helps you to develop an understanding of the risks and uncertainties that characterise the contemporary business environment.
- An MSc will promote your capacity for critical and evaluative thinking within a stimulating and supportive environment
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The MBA is one of the leading business qualifications for professionally focused students. Examples can be found in all universities but probably those in the USA are the best offered.Master of Business Administration develops an international mindset, making the student widely sought after by esteemed prestigious companies.
They provide the widest, most severe standards of instruction in leadership and all areas of management, including finance, strategy, human resources and leadership. It involves a complete immersion in business, delivering a unique learning journey with likely global career advancement for graduates.
MBAs are specifically designed to develop managerial and leadership capabilities and enhance students breadth of understanding of the cultural aspects of business institutions.
The MBA was created also to enable professionals working in industry to improve, move on and move up within their chosen sector. It is a thoroughly transformative experience, allowing students to open new doors by developing new skills.
Key features of the course:
- To enhance employability prospects, academic and professional progress in a student’s chosen field of work and study.
- Change career path or start own business.
- The MBA will give the tools, knowledge and confidence to challenge for the top
- MBAs offer a flexible delivery. Where possible universities work closely with students to create a study plan that fits around their work and family commitments.
- MBAs are intensive programmes that immerse students into the principles of strategic thinking in a business context and develop student management skills to enhance ability to lead and inspire.
- MBAs equip students with both theoretical and practical knowledge as well as the professional and personal skills to manage strategically and successfully in constantly changing environments.
- Art and Design
- Animation & Illustration
- Built Environment
- Business and Management
- Dance, Drama and Music
- Education & Learning
- Graphic Design & Photography
- Health and Social care
- Journalism and PR
- Nursing and Caring Professions
- Media, Film and Cultural Study
- Music and Theatre
- Social Science
- Tourism and Hospitality
Starting: January-April / June-August / October-November
Duration: 12 Months full-time, 18 Months full-time, 24 Months full-time.